Changing the face of trusteeship
Getting on Board is a charity which supports people from all sectors of society to become charity board trustees,
and charities to recruit and retain a diverse range of trustees.
>> Read More
Can you Transform your charity?
Read our FREE Guide
We are pleased to offer a 30% discount if your charity's income is under £100,000. Please indicate this on the registration form.
Getting on Board Employer’s Membership Scheme launches
We're delighted to announce the launch of the Getting on Board Employer's Membership scheme.
We're working with employees like our founder partners King’s College London, Allen & Overy law firm, Peridot Partners recruitment, and M&G savings and investment business, and making trusteeship more accessible to more than 50,000 employees and students.
There are some 100,000 trustee vacancies at any one time in the UK, yet 75% of all charities struggle to find trustees.
Find out how the Getting on Board Membership Scheme can bring benefits to employees, organisation and the charity sector.
Festival of Trusteeship
The Festival of Trusteeship 2021 was phenomenal with
1999 bookings, 24 events, 15 brilliant speakers and 20 fantastic panelists!
All of this was been made possible by our brilliant sponsors Ecclesiastical Insurance. Thanks to their generosity we could make the festival as affordable as possible.
The conversations and debates were by turns electrifying, educating and thought provoking with takeaways to help you in your trustee journey aplenty.
If you missed out on attending the Festival of Trusteeship, you can still reap the benefits. Download the recordings box set for £20 and listen to every single session at your leisure.
Download our free guide for trustees
Read our FREE Guide
Becoming a charity trustee is an amazing way to give back to the causes you love, connect with your community, boost your career, confidence, happiness and health. So what's stopping you? Getting on Board’s free downloadable guide How to Become a Charity Trustee has everything you need to get on board as a charity trustee.
Photo credit: Brook/Matilda Jenkins
Guide for charities
Recruiting Black and Asian trustees
We're extremely proud to support Action for Trustee Racial Diversity in launching their new guide: From Here to Diversity: a practical guide to recruiting Black and Asian Trustees.
Gain improved performance and better governance, greater creativity and wider perspective and much more!
Webinars and Events
- 10 Jan, 9 Feb, 22 Feb, 8 Mar, 23 Mar,Online Event
- 19 Jan, 16 Feb, 16 March, 27 April, 18 MayOnline Event
- 9 Feb, 6 April, 8 JuneOnline Event
- 21 Jan, 18 March, 20 MayOnline EventThis one hour session gives you an introduction on how to diversify your charity board, a whistle stop tour of all the things you need to do - with our free best practice guide available to you to help you think differently about how you approach your recruitment to try and attract diverse trustees.
- 18 Jan, 15 Feb, 7 MarOnline Event
- 01 Nov 2021, 11:00 GMT – 05 Nov 2021, 17:00 GMTOnline EventWelcome to our second ever Festival of Trusteeship! This year the schedule is stuffed with exciting events for people who want to become trustees, trustees who want to keep learning and developing, and for charity leaders who want to understand best practice in trustee recruitment and diversity.